Losing excess weight is essential for a healthy life. Being overweight or obese puts a restriction on many activities a person may simply love to indulge in. Maybe it’s a favorite sport or maybe fitting into your dream dress, but the overweight problem is a kill joy! Also going on long diet plans that will take months to show results may actually end up de-motivating the person before the diet is over. So a good way to stay motivated about losing weight is to start of with a plan that shows results sooner, this way there is motivation to keep going. Often after dropping significant pounds in weight, people tend to shift towards healthier more nutritious life styles and focus on maintaining the weight as well growing lean muscle. Now that’s temptation.
So can you lose significant weight in 15 days? That’s 2 weeks. I don’t recommend going on a starvation plan, as chances are you’ll end up breaking it and then just go overboard overeating. Also remember that losing weight means to lose ‘fat’ stored in our body. Don’t try to lose weight by whatever which means, as you may end up losing muscle mass instead. Here are a few simple diet changes that you can make which will show amazing results in just 2 weeks. Before implementing them, please discuss them with your doctor and get his or her approval. Your guiding star for 2 week weight loss is;
1. Calculate your Ideal Weight: your ideal weight is the weight which is considered normal for your age, height and gender. Now take the difference between your current weight and normal weight. These are the number of pounds you’re looking to lose.
2. Drink Lots of Water: drink up to 96 ounces of water every day. This is about 3 quarts. In addition to this, you should take 6 ounces of water for every pound of weight you’re overweight. This means that if you’re 150 ponds over weight, multiply 150 with 0.6, which equals 96 ounces or 1 ½ quarts of water. If you exercise, or if the weather is exceptionally hot, as in mid summers, then you should increase your water intake by another 20 ounces or so. Water is a natural appetite suppressant and will help you immensely in your weight loss.
3. Aerobics: take up an aerobics class or do aerobics at home for about 30-45 minutes daily. The key is to build up a sweat and increase your heart-beat. Be sure to warm up correctly before the exercise and also cool down afterwards.
4. Lift weights: Lift weights till you feel a burning sensation in your muscles. Weight lifting doesn’t mean you go for e the 200 pond barbell; a simple rule is ‘if you can do 12 reps, the weight is too light, if you can’t do 8 reps, the weight is too heavy.’ Weight lifting increase s your metabolism and helps build muscle. The more muscle mass you have, the more your body will tend to burn fat.
5. Measure: either use fat calipers or a tape measure to see how much fat you’ve shed in a week. Don’t rely solely on the weight machine because we don’t want to just lose weight, we want to lose fat!
These methods are essentially safe and have helped people lose up to 15 pounds in 2 weeks. But that’s not a standard because every body has its own chemistry and make up. You may lose more or less. But you will see results in2 weeks time. Keep on this track, and you will keep on losing weight at the expense of the excess fat stored in your body.